● Favorite Subject in School & why: Business Mathematics
● Extracurricular Activities in high school: Just going to work and taking care of things at home.
● Plans after graduation: I’ll attend at the Winona Technical College.
● Life Verse: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”Hebrews 13:8
● Best thing about Hope:Easy to get to location and a nice small space for a high school.
● Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Not entirely sure as of now, but I’m sure I would be done with Technical College and may have moved to a different state.
Student Name: Brandon Mullen ● Parent/Guardian/Host Family(s) Name: John and Tina Mullen ● City of Residence: Winona ● Favorite Subject in School & why: Religion ● Extracurricular Activities in high school: Nothing ● Plans after graduation Go to the Southeast Tech, do my Gen Eds and maybe I’ll find something I want to do at the Tech. ● Life Verse: Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” ● Best thing about Hope: My friends ● Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Married and hopefully having a house.
Student Name: Lindsey Littlefield ● Parent/Guardian/Host Family(s) Name: Angie and Jeff Littlefield ● City of Residence: St. Charles, MN ● Favorite Subject in School & why: My favorite subject in school is Religion. ● Extracurricular Activities in high school: Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Trapshooting, Student Council, Choir, Guitar Ensemble, Drama, and Yearbook. ● Plans after graduation My plans after graduating from Hope are to go to Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa and major in Spanish. ● Life Verse: Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ● Best thing about Hope The best thing about Hope is the family community that we have. Everyone is family here, and we all get along really well. ● Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years I see myself going on mission trips with amazing groups of people, giving my life to God, and possibly starting a family of my own.
Student Name: Laura Ellinghuysen
● Parent/Guardian/Host Family(s) Name: Joel and Gail Ellinghuysen
● City of Residence: Winona
● Favorite Subject in School & why: Chemistry, it teaches so much about God’s wondrous creation and challenges me to think critically
● Extracurricular Activities in high school: basketball, volleyball, soccer, yearbook, drama, student council, choir, guitar ensemble
● Plans after graduation: Attending Bethany Lutheran College, majoring in Chemistry
● Life Verse: “But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish in order that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith.” Philippians 3:7-9
● Best thing about Hope : I love Hope because it is a great environment in which to push your limits, try new things, and stretch your comfort zone. Our school is a family in Christ and I have made friends for life.
● Where do you see yourself in 10 years:I do not know where life will take me in the future. God has a plan for me and I will trust Him and forge through life with Him by my side.
Student Name: Josiah Sandcork
● Parent/Guardian/Host Family(s) Name: Rocky and Deanna Sandcork and siblings: Maria, Sofia, Bobby, Magdalena, Micah, Lydia
● City of Residence: Lewiston, MN
● Favorite Subject in School & why:Christianity, I am able to learn more about the world and how to apply scripture to my life in all areas and not just one. I use and apply what I have learned in Christianity class in every aspect of my life while others classes only have one focus. Jesus is the main focus in this class that’s why I love it.
● Extracurricular Activities in high school: Football, Basketball, Trap Shooting, Choir, Drama, Student Council, Guitar, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Pottery
● Plans after graduation: I am going to attend Concordia St. Paul and going to major in Physical Education with a Minor in Health.
● Life Verse: 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.”
● Best thing about Hope: The best thing about Hope is learning to humble yourself and learning how to deal with all kinds of different people as well as learn from the best teachers. At Hope you will learn how to adapt to things that you would never experience at another High School.
● Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years I see myself married with kids and teaching and coaching with all my college paid off. I will also be well invested in secure mutual funds.
Student Name: Josie O’Laughlin
● Parent/Guardian/Host Family(s) Name: Sean and Tammy O’Laughlin
● City of Residence: Winona, MN
● Favorite Subject in School & why: English, specifically Literature, it’s such a diverse subject that filters into every discipline. It not only forces you to think critically, but teaches life lessons and skills that you will use for the rest of your life, inside and outside of the classroom.
● Extracurricular Activities in high school: Volleyball, Basketball, Choir, Student Council, Soccer, Drama, Yearbook
● Plans after graduation Concordia University Nebraska majoring in Secondary Education English with a minor in World Literature
● Life Verse: Psalm 71:1-2 - In you, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame! In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline your ear to me, and save me!
● Best thing about Hope: The family atmosphere and close friends.
● Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In ten years I see myself teaching with a masters in English, married, and outside of Winona.